Programmable [OSC|MIDI]<-->[OSC|MIDI] conversion, for nerds
OSCII-bot is a programmable tool for converting OSC to MIDI, MIDI to OSC, MIDI to MIDI, or OSC to OSC, or any combination thereof.
Scripts are written as plain text files, and can be recompiled on the fly to make development easy. Multiple scripts can be loaded at once, and any number of MIDI hardware devices, OSC destinations, or OSC sources can be used.
OSCII-bot is GPL free software, each download package includes the source.
Features and options:
- On-the-fly compiled scripts that use EEL2 for processing
- Support for any number of MIDI inputs and outputs
- Support sending/receiving OSC via UDP, with bundle support.
- Resizeable log window
- Minimize to system-tray (Windows only)
- Scripts can open files for read/write
- Scripts can use regex-like matching functions
- Scripts can display graphical output and receive keyboard and mouse input
- Scripts can monitor output of other scripts
- Automatically tries to reopen lost MIDI devices
- OSC to any number of UDP destinations, receive on multiple ports
- Programming documentation
Requirements (pick one):
- Windows 2000/XP/7/8
- OS X 10.5-10.9, Intel only
Discuss OSCII-bot in the Cockos Forums
OSCII-bot v0.3 for Windows and OS X
(04/22/14) (1MB ZIP)
- Lots of bugfixes
- Added gfx_* support for graphical UIs
- EEL: improved string syntax, mutable strings can be defined with # prefix, unnamed mutable strings with #.
- EEL: Improved string support and syntax (variable parameter counts to match, oscmatch, oscsend, sprintf, printf, etc)
- EEL: functions can now use global() to limit access to non-local non-instance variables
- EEL: added while(x) (y) syntax
- EEL: added TCP connection support (tcp_connect/tcp_listen/tcp_send/tcp_close etc)
- EEL: added eval() support
- EEL: fopen() now returns 0 on error rather than -1.0
- EEL: added @import to import functions from other scripts/text files
- @oscmsg now properly receives device index in msgdev
- Added @input devname OMNI-MIDI or @input devname OMNI-OSC to snoop on what other scripts are receiving, OMNI-MIDI-OUT, OMNI-OSC-OUT for what other scripts are sending
OSCII-bot v0.2 for Windows and OS X
(12/16/13) (527kb ZIP)
Source code is included with the download. Requires WDL